We are happy to meet and discuss your needs, our company and the services we provide. This can include a site visit to provide an initial opinion. We can also customize our arrangements to suit the client. Please give us a call.
The success of a project begins with good, on the ground information. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of existing competitors in the marketplace will reveal the best possible strategy for going forward.
Consideration given to demographics, local services and amenities, competition and site location all contribute to a strong concept, design and marketing strategy.
- A catchment area competitive analysis including site visits, project overview, ownership, unit types, unit sizes, amenities, services offered, prices, estimated occupancy, competitive advantages and weaknesses.
- Identification of other planned projects and potential impact of same.
- Review of site opportunities and challenges including elder friendly elevations, ease of access, proximity of amenities and services etc.
- Recommendation of concept including target market, suite mix, suite types, suite sizes, suite features, amenities, service platforms [assisted living, independent supportive living, memory care etc.], detailed services for each service platform.
- Operating pro forma with four year detailed pro forma, 10 year projection, pro forma assumptions, lease up schedule, rate schedule and labour schedule.
McEachern and Associates provide a feasibility that includes:
The seniors housing industry is quickly becoming more competitive and, consequently, is becoming more sophisticated. It is critical that the design of a seniors’ residence not only incorporates an aesthetic appeal but that it is also senior friendly in function. It is also very important that appropriate suite and amenity sizes as well as building efficiencies are designed into the building to mitigate rising construction and development costs.
To this end, a well thought out design program will not only serve the needs of the residents but will also save a great deal of construction costs and significantly streamline the design process.
In addition, a well-designed building will efficiently support the delivery of the many services provided by staff. Staffing costs are by far the greatest operational expense and thoughtful design will have a significant positive effect.
While Architects and Designers are highly trained professionals, seniors’ specific design is a very specialized area that requires insight, knowledge and experience. Providing this support to the design team adds tremendous value.
McEachern and Associates uses an extremely effective grass roots approach to marketing and sales supported by a well-planned positioning and advertising plan.
Our goal is to execute a strategy that will ensure the residence a positive, newsworthy operation.
We engage relationship based sales techniques beginning well in advance of the opening.
Our program builds a community among potential residents before the building is completed. This approach will garner higher than average opening leases and a building that opens with residents already developing friendships.
The program includes:
- Preparation of a comprehensive sales and marketing plan including budget, advertising schedules, event plans etc.
- Hiring, training and support of marketing staff
- Coordination of collateral materials, signage, website etc.
- Coordination of community outreach program
- Review and reporting of established daily, weekly and monthly goals
Site operations support the marketing effort by establishing and maintaining excellence in services. That excellence must be attained with strong fiscal and risk management. This is no easy task in a complex operation. It begins with attracting great people with the right attitude but it doesn’t stop there. A respectful environment and micro training with clear goals and simple systems are hallmarks of what we do. McEachern and Associates goes to great lengths to prepare staff to be successful. We ensure that the proper tools and necessary support are provided. The employees remain loyal and help keep the project at the top of the market.
Customized operations reporting is a part of the exceptional service provided to owners and lenders. Our reports cover occupancy, financial achievement, risk and liability items. Fire, Public Health, RHRA and other agency requirements are reported on as well.
McEachern and Associates provides operations assessments to existing operating projects as a service to help identify operating challenges. Further assistance can be provided to rectify or improve a situation if desired.
The assessment tools we have created are based on years of operations experience and are second to none. We can target a specific department or even a single item.
Here are the areas that we excel in:
- RHRA assessment to ensure you are meeting the regulation requirements. The regulatory authority has announced that they will be stepping up site visits and results are posted for the public to see.
- Risk assessments on operational procedures such as Nursing charting, medication administration, fire safety training, emergency response effectiveness, Public Health etc.
We have the most comprehensive assessment list there is.